With the advent of iPhone and iPod Touch, the mobile industry went on rampage breaking the barriers of communication and consumer technology. Of late, there has been much hype regarding the iPhone applications. Irrespective of the fact those iPhone applications remain in the apple store for months before they are given a green signal and hundreds of iPhone apps get launched and are lost somewhere in the Apple's app store. A solution to iPhone applications is iPhone optimized websites. An iPhone website is a pocket version of your IE or Mozilla enabled website.
Is your website iPhone compatible? Are your online customers getting the best out of our website while surfing from their iPhones? Are they able to find the information easily? MAYBE NOT!
Here are the reasons why:
• Surfing a website from a laptop or a computer gives users a large screen where your website looks great. On the other hand surfing the website from an iPhone means things look small. They zoom, scroll and try to find things in every corner of the page.
• Too many pages to browse through make it hard for iPhone users to find the exact information they should see.
SDP offers the Made for iPhone websites design and development
SDP's 'Made for iPhone' websites solution is a comprehensive mobile-web platform that leverages a company's existing or new web site and extends the site and its full functionality to the cell phones, iPhones and iPod Touch.
With an unmatched experience in iPhone Applications design and development industry and expertise in addressing web and mobile needs, SDP knows well how to make surfing the websites on mobile, iPhone and iPod Touch experience easy and great for the users. SDP can mobilize your entire website or, alternatively, mobilize the most relevant content and services chosen by you.
iPhone website features over iPhone applications:
• The iPhone optimized websites can be implemented within 3-5 weeks, where as iPhone application developments takes months.
• iPhone enabled websites costs less and gives more flexibility for dynamic content, where as iPhone applications costs a lot more.
• iPhone websites do not require Apple's approval before it can be accessed by your users, where as iPhone application needs approval and Apple may reject your application as well.
• Upgrading the looks, content or features is way too easy as compared to upgrading the same in an iPhone application. In case of applications, users are supposed to download and re-install the updates every time you update a feature or looks.
• Applications need Apple’s approval whereas a website need not have the Apple’s approval and still one can install the website as an application on the home screen. All you have to do is open the website in Safari and click the Bookmark button and an icon will be generated on the home screen.
• Last but not the least, once your iPhone application reaches the Apple App Store, it gets lost in the list of applications as there are already more than 50,000 apps registered with Apple's app store. Only a high payer company can afford to keep your application in the top 25-50 apps list. Where as iPhone optimized websites are easy to access and requires only a browser. Your customers/users open your website from iPhone or handsets like they do on their computers